• Manage your budget plan icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your budget plan icon You are currently on budget !

My budget: 10000

My Cost so far: 7,800

Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!

• Manage your budget
    • Keep track of your spending
    bottom arrow icon
    Manage my Budget
  • Manage your to-do list icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your to-do list icon You have 0 outstanding tasks!
    Tasks Complete: 32 Tasks Outstanding: 0

Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!

• Free step-by-step plan and time-line
    • Fun and manageable task list
    Manage my To-Do List Bottom arrow icon
  • New competitions to enter icon
    Budget close icon
    You have not entered any competitions

Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.

View Competitions Page Bottom arrow icon
hide
down arrow icon

Registrar's Fees!

Join the conversation!

Chat and get advice from other brides-to-be.

Register for free   or   sign in to reply
Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous123Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Re: Registrar's Fees!

• hshc86
    • Joined on 8 May 2010
    • London

Oh my god, I can't beleive how much of a rip off registrars are!!

We haven't decided on our venue yet so I haven't looked up registrars fees in that area but I'm just going to assume they're going to be stupid prices like my current council's ones are.

This is ridiculous, it's not as if the registrar actually does much for goodness sakes!

I have just seen this thread so thought I would give the local registrar a quick call to check fees (apparently I can't book until a year till the date) and they just told me it would be £423!!!!!!!!! I budgeted £200 and that I thought was being generous.

I'm quite shocked by that - especially as I have just been told that someone who got married in the registry office paid approx £100. How can they justify all that money?!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

• starla
    • Joined on 5 May 2010
    • Southend on sea

wow guess i owe my dads friend a huge thankyou!! as he's going to be our registrar at my local church for free!! i knew it was a bit pricey but not that much!!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Can no one beat mine then??!! lol.

Just spoke to my friend who is getting married this year, and she confirmed that is the correct amount as she is paying about £570 in total for this year Sad 

We need to pay £33.50 each for notice and marriage license and then £170 to pay for the actual room (which I actually think is an awful lot for quite a small room but it is very nice.)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

We paid £25 then £60 for notices and now have to £413.50. I would love to know what this is for!

I think the response to the extra expense is that they are blocking out lots of time to attend and could be doing others in that time..? not sure its much of a justification .. an extra £300+ in a lot of cases

I was reconsidering changing to the registry office instead, but then you have to worry and work out and cost for transport then!! etc for everyone its just not going to save anything.

but i think its alot of money, and can't see the justification.  I was horrified at our £400+ price plus the bans etc.

Joint 3rd Place Hitched Award Honeymoon of 2011 Paradise

Been an OM (old married) since 05.02.11 Love  Read my Wedding report here; 

http://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/220422.aspx

ours is £760 but were getting married on new years eve lol xx

tinks269:

We are paying £350 then notices and i thought that was expensive!!

Same here: £354 plus notices and we thought it was huge!

• Nolan2B
    • Joined on 19 Mar 2010
    • Dartford, Kent

Our registrar fees are £540 plus £67 for the bands & £3.50 for each certificate!! Nice to know I'm one of the dearest then lol! That's the fees for all Kent registrars.

We are getting married in Medway rather than in Kent (previously I thought Medway was in Kent but apparently not for weddings!!). We are getting married on a Sunday and we are paying £500 for the registrar plus about £70 for the notices and £3.50 for the marriage certificate.

I am shocked that the variation is so vast.

Mines extortionate! 525 for registrar in hotel, 60 notices and 7 certificates..

If you want a Rainbow, you have to put up with the Rain Storm

We're getting married in Norfolk & we paid £60 for giving notice & £353.50 for a saturday for the registar to come to our venue. I can't understand why its so expensive

For the notice of marriage it was £75 or £76 (it went up a few days before we did it!), and for the hall, registrars, certificates and everything else it's £300. The cheapest we could have had -for a small office, 15 persons - was £42. We went for the big hall (capacity 100).

Ours doesn't seem to be that expensive now I have read the other posts.  We are paying £270.00 for the registrar plus £7.00 for certificate (Lancashire County Council).  We had to pay £30 each to register our intent to marriage at our local registry office on top of the above expenses.

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous123Next >