Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner March 2011

Petrol Blue Theme

HMWedding, 4 of May of 2010 at 17:02 Posted on Planning 0 8

I have found the most gorgeous bridesmaids dresses in petrol blue. They do them in other colours but I love this particular colour and think it is really quite unusual for weddings.

I have been looking for favours, stationary etc today to see what I can get to match and clearly it is very unusual as I can't find anything!! I can go fo silver which is fine but just wondered if anyone else was using petrol blue and if so, knew of anywhere that did items such as stationary and favours to match!

Thank you

8 replies

Latest activity by prettywild, 5 of May of 2010 at 08:02
  • W
    www.poesh.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

If you are looking for invitations and things to match i canmake them for you. If you let me know what style of invite you require and email a pic of the dresses you have found i can colour match for you no problem.

The reason i ask you to email me a pic is because i have seen different varients of petrol blue, from a blue green, to a black blue with a green tinge, and a black green.

Please get in touch if your interested. I hope you find all that you want in your search Smiley smile

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Is this the right colour?

The dress was made from taffeta which kinda changed colour depending on the angle and light which made it was impossible to match 100%. I eventually found ribbon for the flowers but it wasn't the right colour really. The guys wore a silver cravat and nothing else was in the same colour as I wanted champagne colours to match my own dress for the favours and chair sashes which was just as well.

If you have a silk dress in petrol blue it would be easier to match I think but another hitcher had a teal wedding theme and she struggled big time.

x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Is it more this colour?

• H
    Beginner March 2011
    HMWedding ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your replies so far!

I should of attached a piccie!! Here you go........

The darker dress is what the designer calls petrol blue.

Thanks

• crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

these are some chq book style invitations i did in blue teal, quite close to petrol blue. (sorry about terrible pic)

another pic, but just of the front cover

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

Hi

That's a lovely colour! I think most custom stationers like myself, should be able to adapt designs to suit in colour so even if you don't see the same shade shown on a website it's worth choosing a design you like first then emailing to see if they can adapt it for you. For example I regularly print match as close as possible to a tiny fabric or ribbon swatches sent to me from clients. Matching colour cardstock can sometimes be more difficult but Petrol Blue should be fine. I've found various shades of blue have been really popular so far this year for orders and have recently made a portfolio in a similar shade. Silver works well with it and little hints of bright contrasting colours like hot pink as shown.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics