Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs Bass
Beginner March 2011

***Wedding report Part 2- The Photos and Party!***

Mrs Bass, 11 of April of 2011 at 10:54 Posted on Planning 0 11

Ok so I left you with finishing the ceremony...

We all gathered in the next room and everyone got a glass of bubbles and said hi, sil gave me a hug and pulled down my veil and therefore my hair – everyone tried to fix it pushed it down more!

me and my school friends!

Made sure i grabbed canapés and got my glass topped up, Asked if cold but not at all not even goosebumps! Id seen pics of another wedding and loads of chickens, i didn’t wasn’t any, was having a pic with godfather and saw oh and bm herding about 6 chickens into the pic! Grrr! had photos then everyone went in and me and OH went for a walk. Was as if Tog wasn’t event there!

I added a locket with my Dad's photos in to my flowers and wore my Nana's ring which was opal and was my something blue!

Meal was AMAZING and we both wondered around between courses to chat to everyone! They were amazed that I had made the biscuits and wondered where i had found the time!

out top table!

Speeches were great, God Father made a special toast to both our dads, all three of the guys made lovely speeches!

OH's speach
giving my niece her pressie in one of the bags by Puddy Cards!

im not sure which story BM was tellinf here but mine and OH's reactions say a lot!!

After the meal CBM, my niece and I took all my stuff up to oh’s room and touched up make up, there was a panic as the band hadn’t turned up yet but they got there and set up in plenty of time.

By the time we headed down, the evening guests were starting to arrive and it all got exciting all over again! Like a whole other event! OH’s band were playing our fist song (obviously minus him!) and id planned to hug and shuffle but he spun me and dipped me, it was great fun and we got loads of cheers!

The main band then took over with OH’s band (including him) doing 30 mins when they had a break which was great as his family had never seen them. I spent the majority of the evening on the dance floor, the band were AMAZING!! Everyone loved them!

ther was one point when my brother was sat up high and my mum was on the dance floor, grabed his leg and pretended it was a guitar, on of my work friends said "who is that woman, she is a legend, i keep meeting her at the bar, she is amazing" i sheepishly replied that is was my mother and she now thinks I have the coolest mum in the world!

We had bacon baps, veggie sausage sarnies and potato wedges come out and everyone raved about them, apparently they were the best ever and it was a brilliant idea! Phew!

The band finished at 11 and our mate did a DJ set for the last hour or so which was brill! OH ended up doing another speech and we had another little dance!

We stayed up until the last taxi had left then went up to bed, opened another bottle of bubbles and opened all our cards!

The next morning we were all busy packing up which was more work then i had anticipated, i did still do it all whilst wearing my veil!

We said all our good byes and OH and i ended up going back to BM’s with her girlfriend for a cup of tea. BM’s sis and boyfriend had come from London for the eve do so we all went and met them for lunch then met up with another London friend for drinks.

Absolutely knackered so OH and i went home, I insisted on him carrying me over the threshold! I went through the hundreds of photos that my mates had put on FB and changed my name on there. We had a cup of tea and opened all our pressies!

We said all our good byes and OH and i ended up going back to BM’s with her girlfriend for a cup of tea. BM’s sis and boyfriend had come from London for the eve do so we all went and met them for lunch then met up with another London friend for drinks.

Absolutely knackered so OH and i went home, I insisted on him carrying me over the threshold! I went through the hundreds of photos that my mates had put on FB and changed my name on there. We had a cup of tea and opened all our pressies!

I know everyone says it, but it was such an amazing day, especially to have all our closest friends and family there! it really didnt sink in on the day that it was our wedding day but it was brilliant!!

A few N&P's

Rainbow Florist- for my beautiful flowers which SO many people have complimented and for being so full of advice!

Puddy Cards - my my bridesmaids gift bags and memory books

Mark Simmons- our brilliant photographer!

Berwick Lodege- such a beautiful venue!

Ten Pund Suit Band - who kept the dance floor full all evening and who guests are still raving about!

Red Lemon- for our first dance

HIBs & Hitchers- for ideas advcie and support, a special mention must go to Sherrie for all the fabulos flashes of mood boards and ideas, even if they werent my colours or theme, they always brightened up my day!

11 replies

Latest activity by teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 12 of April of 2011 at 19:10
  • Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Forgot a couple of pics that I wanted to share!

our photo boards
    table plan

our message tree and post box!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I really enjoyed your report, your pictures are lovely and really captured the atmosphere especially the dancing!

• RayeRaye84
    Beginner
    RayeRaye84 ·
    • Hide content

Excellent report!

You looked amazing...Congratulations!

x

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! Im really glad I made notes the day after! ?

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Love love love it!

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

Great report! Your photos are lovely. x

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

It looks and sounds like you had an amazing day! Congratulations and thank you for sharing it with us!

xxx

• L
    Beginner April 2011
    loopyjennie ·
    • Hide content

Fab report and pictures.. glad you had a fab time..

• MrsG2B28.7.12
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsG2B28.7.12 ·
    • Hide content

Loving your report and your day looks amazing! Just wondering where you got your cake stand from?

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I hired the cake stand from a company called Cooks Kitchen.

i had seen a picture of it somewhere and searched and searched, eventually a Hitcher found it for me to buy but it was so excpencive then I found this website where you can buy it, or hire it for 1 week for £25 !!

http://thecookskitchen.com/browse_15951

i collected it as there are not based far from me but they do deliver!

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! You looked beautiful x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics