• Manage your budget plan icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your budget plan icon You are currently on budget !

My budget: 10000

My Cost so far: 7,800

Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!

• Manage your budget
    • Keep track of your spending
    bottom arrow icon
    Manage my Budget
  • Manage your to-do list icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your to-do list icon You have 0 outstanding tasks!
    Tasks Complete: 32 Tasks Outstanding: 0

Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!

• Free step-by-step plan and time-line
    • Fun and manageable task list
    Manage my To-Do List Bottom arrow icon
  • New competitions to enter icon
    Budget close icon
    You have not entered any competitions

Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.

View Competitions Page Bottom arrow icon
hide
down arrow icon

Local Council Interviews - Giving Notice Of Marriage Interview - What Should I Expect?

Dancerlady
Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous12
Sort Posts:
  • Re: Local Council Interviews - Giving Notice Of Marriage Interview - What Should I Expect?

Naboo, out of interest, how did you give notice without going in and having an interview? Did you just call them up?

Scotland's rules always seem better than ours LOL!

Finally Mrs J on 18th June 2011 ~ * ~ Baby boy A born 11/01/2013 ~ * ~ Baby girl due 23/08/2014

• Re: Local Council Interviews - Giving Notice Of Marriage Interview - What Should I Expect?

First of all Naboo, unlike England, Wales & Ireland, Humanist ceremonies are legally binding in Scotland so I would say you would have to refer to your celebrant rather than registrar.

We had our notice ‘interview’ a couple of weeks ago and we were both a bit nervous but the Registrars are lovely, I would recommend going first if they interview you separately as she asked me most of the questions and I know that OH would have panicked and got them all wrong! As long as you are both British citizens then they are not testing you or looking to trip you up, they just need all the information to check you are who you say you are and are legally free to marry!

We felt all lovely afterwards as it is quite an ‘official’ thing to do!

Married MR Shark on 10th September 2011!

Click here for the wedding report-a-rama: http://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/270117.aspx

Cheers guys, i had got info from my celebrant and basically you just apply for an M10 form from the locally registry office, they sort it all and then you pick up your marriage schedule, the registry office did call to check some bits but thats it was really easy, thats why i started panicing and then googling which only made it worse lol

MrsShark:
    As long as you are both British citizens

OH isn't a British citizen (though his country is in the EU so there's no possibility that we would be marrying so he could stay in the country) does this mean we get asked more/different questions or is it the same?

Mrs Sapphire since 02/09/11

sapphire_22:
    OH isn't a British citizen (though his country is in the EU so there's no possibility that we would be marrying so he could stay in the country) does this mean we get asked more/different questions or is it the same?

I think it is the same. I am not British, but my home country is in the EU and they just asked us our names, birth dates, have we been married before, fathers names and occupations and I think that was it.

All they are trying to do is weed out the fake marriages and also ensure that they have the correct information on record to ensure you are not already married/underage/not who you say you are so if you are none of the above then you have nothing to worry about!

The questions I was asked (and my OH too I assume but he couldn’t remember…typical) were mine and OH’s full name, DOB, address, length of time at address, occupation, father’s names and occupations, where we are getting married and when, if we have been married before and I think that was it!

Married MR Shark on 10th September 2011!

Click here for the wedding report-a-rama: http://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/270117.aspx

FutureMrsJ:

Naboo, out of interest, how did you give notice without going in and having an interview? Did you just call them up?

I just checked today and how it works up here is 6-8 weeks before they send you out the application form and you send it back, job done!!!!! 

Haha Raef and LakeGardaBride I got my OH's job wrong too. But it's in the system now and we have to change it later on I think.

Regarding the 'are you related thing' do they have to ask that? They asked us and we were clearly not similar looking at all - OH being Indian and me Vietnamese. For crying out loud, our nose shapes were a dead give-away!

MrsBear2b:

Haha Raef and LakeGardaBride I got my OH's job wrong too. But it's in the system now and we have to change it later on I think.

Regarding the 'are you related thing' do they have to ask that? They asked us and we were clearly not similar looking at all - OH being Indian and me Vietnamese. For crying out loud, our nose shapes were a dead give-away!

LOL I know! But I guess they have to ask EVERYONE by law. They asked us too. It's to avoid people marrying relatives.  I know that in your case it would have been impossible NOT to spot that you were not related but who knows, you could be half-siblings?? LOL

Oh its so easy.  You go in together to begin with just to confirm your wedding venue and date, time etc.  Then you have to have a separate interview.. you both get asked the same questions but separately.  Just things like your date of birth, place of birth, ethnic origin, address, all that kind of thing.  Standard stuff.  They wont ask you anything you wont know the answer to.. Laugh

Married my best friend in July 2011 

Wedding Toast Bride Groom Smiley Emoticon Animation animated gif

• caweena
    • Joined on 13 Sep 2010
    • Scottish Borders

All we had to do was go in, get a form, fill it in and pay some money - simples!!

There are some up sides to living in Scotland! lol

Met 25.12.08 Heart Engaged 04.09.10 Heart OM since 16.04.11

Ours was a real interrogation lol... seriously thats how it seemed, we were interviewed seperately and asked loads of questions, it really made us both nervous. When we gave notice there had neen a lot of fake marriages reported in our area and immigration had caught loads at a church so maybe that was why. Surprise

Married my soul mate on the 10th June 2011 Big Smile

massuch:

FutureMrsJ:

I just checked today and how it works up here is 6-8 weeks before they send you out the application form and you send it back, job done!!!!! 

Woop, I have done that so im all good!! cheers massuch

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous12