• Manage your budget plan icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your budget plan icon You are currently on budget !

My budget: 10000

My Cost so far: 7,800

Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!

• Manage your budget
    • Keep track of your spending
    bottom arrow icon
    Manage my Budget
  • Manage your to-do list icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your to-do list icon You have 0 outstanding tasks!
    Tasks Complete: 32 Tasks Outstanding: 0

Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!

• Free step-by-step plan and time-line
    • Fun and manageable task list
    Manage my To-Do List Bottom arrow icon
  • New competitions to enter icon
    Budget close icon
    You have not entered any competitions

Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.

View Competitions Page Bottom arrow icon
hide
down arrow icon

Wedding Party Gifts

Lynseys Designs
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wedding Party Gifts

Hi. Has anyone decided not to buy gifts for their wedding party?

I know it's the norm to buy gifts for BMs, Best Man etc but what if they've done NOTHING to help.

I've bought a gift for OH's BM as he has helped out and supported us. My BMs have done NOTHING and I'm loathe to buy them anything as I bought their outfit and accessories and tbh they've caused me stress if anything! Anyone else opted to not buy presents?

• Re: Wedding Party Gifts

I didnt get my BM's anything other than their outfits and their hair and makeup, not because they havent done anything but because our budget was tight.  We got the ushers small little tokens and OH is taking his BM to see Liverpool play some time as his present.  I dont think anyone will expect a present and if you dont want to get them then dont get them one.

And Mr and Mrs T lived happily ever after (well apart from when they were arguing or not talking to each other)

Joint 3rd - MIA - I am touched I never knew you cared so much !

Did you hand the Usher's gifts out with the speeches?

I just didn't want to hand out BM gift and no others and people get upset....

If they haven't done anything to help, then I won't be buying them anything.

If only 1 or 2 have helped, then i'd give them their gift the day before or after the wedding.

GemmaLouise1986:

TBH I hate sitting at a wedding watchign present after present being handed out and hearing everyone say thank you.  So no none of our presents were given out during the speeches.

OH dad got his in time for teh stag as it was a new rod and they were going fishing.  Everyone else got theirs the morning after the wedding.  We went round to their room and said thanks and then gave them their present.

And Mr and Mrs T lived happily ever after (well apart from when they were arguing or not talking to each other)

Joint 3rd - MIA - I am touched I never knew you cared so much !

Thanks ladies, that helps.

We've bought everyone a little something. We're giving them out the morning of the wedding. I think it'll be a nice moment between me and my girlies before the wedding and the same for OH had his ushers/BM. That way no-one gets bored during the lenghty speeches thanking everyone! Not decided on the parents yet and when they will get theirs - maybe the morning after?

Plus if you give them out before/after and not during speeches no-one will be thinking 'where's my pressie?' if you didnt get everyone one!

xxx

TTC #1 but my stupidly long cycles are getting in the way! Laugh

I know, my fiance wants to give the ushers something, but to me the present is being asked to be an usher, they get a nice smart suit and dont have to do much other than hand order of service out, i'd rather just buy them a beer! And we are having to get grooms mum something just for the sake of it really, because otherwise she'd be the only one on the top table without a present. Tho I suppose she does look after step son alot which is a great help.

All this giving gifts is a bit OTT, i dont think people help at a wedding because they expect a gift, its usually because they'd like to help and be part of it. I wouldnt expect anything.

tinks269:

GemmaLouise1986:

TBH I hate sitting at a wedding watchign present after present being handed out and hearing everyone say thank you.  So no none of our presents were given out during the speeches. 

I'm the same. We will probably book a table at a resturant for after our wedding rehearsal and give the gifts then. That way if people want to wear the jewellery or cufflinks on the day they can. I didnt want to do it at the wedding as I dont like sitting though it either

Hi,

I got my BM a bag to match her dress and had made her jewellery for the day so I gave her that the night before and my H gave the best man and usher their presents which were hip flasks and think he bought them a bottle of vodka or something. I refused to do presents during speeches, I find it a bit weird tbh. My parents got a wedding album afterwards but I also didn't want to do presents because my parents paid a lot towards the wedding and my MIL did nothing in terms of even helping or asking about the plans so wasn't giving her anything. x

Hitcher Discount of 10% off available on jewellery and hair accessories with code 'Hitched10'.

www.lynseysdesigns.co.uk     www.facebook.com/lynseysdesigns1

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)