• Manage your budget plan icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your budget plan icon You are currently on budget !

My budget: 10000

My Cost so far: 7,800

Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!

• Manage your budget
    • Keep track of your spending
    bottom arrow icon
    Manage my Budget
  • Manage your to-do list icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your to-do list icon You have 0 outstanding tasks!
    Tasks Complete: 32 Tasks Outstanding: 0

Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!

• Free step-by-step plan and time-line
    • Fun and manageable task list
    Manage my To-Do List Bottom arrow icon
  • New competitions to enter icon
    Budget close icon
    You have not entered any competitions

Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.

View Competitions Page Bottom arrow icon
hide
down arrow icon

Tell me about Tummy Tubs Pls?!

debbydoo
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tell me about Tummy Tubs Pls?!

Hi all,

We were planning to bath our baby in our bath in a seat, rather than purchase a specific baby bath.  However, I've just discovered the Tummy Tub from looking at the wiki best and worst buys list.  Looks quite good.  Could I still fill with water and place in the bath?  Who used/uses one, are they any good?  How long before baby grew out of it?

Links below to wiki list and tummy tub if anyone's interested!

http://www.tummytub.co.uk/about.html

http://www.btwiki.ebrey.net/index.php?title=Best/Worst_buys

Thanks x

Kelly

www.TheLittleJewelleryBox.com

*SPECIAL OFFER* 15% off hair accessories £60 and over to hitchers. Email info@thelittlejewellerybox.com now!

Locked Contact
  • Re: Tell me about Tummy Tubs Pls?!

Hi TLJB we had a tummy tub as the girls at work bought it for us.

Niamh loved it when she was very small,  but we stopped using it quite early on as she was very long (currently on the 95th centile!) so she kept kicking herself up.

You could place it in the bath but i actually just did it on the floor so i could transfer her to a towel quicker.

Baby girl N Dec 2009

Baby girl Z Feb 2012

Locked Contact

we've got a tummy tub, we don't have a bath in our flat only a shower, so we thought it would make it easier for us. Ruby loves it, she's quite a long baby too but at 6 months still fits in it but for how much longer I don't know!

LoveBaby girl R 15/07/10 Love

LoveBaby girl O 13/06/12 Love

Locked Contact

Hollybags lent us her TT but i have to say it wasn't a great success here as A has always had v strong legs and so from v tiny always wanted to 'stand' including in the tub so his top half was always out of the water!

Locked Contact

Cool, I think we might give it a go when our little one arrives in May.

Absolutely LOVE the name Ruby by the way!  We are struggling for names and don't think we can really have Ruby as our surname is Rabbitt!! 

Kelly

*SPECIAL OFFER* 15% off hair accessories £60 and over to hitchers. Email info@thelittlejewellerybox.com now!

Locked Contact

We;ve got one, never used it in our bath but I don't see why you couldnt. Sawyer loves it and has done since day one! Here's his first TT - looking a bit confused!

S - JULY 10 Baby boy

Sibling to Sawyer due 6.12.12 Fluffy

Angel Tight-Arse of the Year 2012 Angel

Locked Contact

Hee hee Kelly, Ruby Rabbitt may just be a little bit cruel!! Nixxy, Ruby looked a bit like that the first time she went in. I love tummy tub pictures, so cute!

LoveBaby girl R 15/07/10 Love

LoveBaby girl O 13/06/12 Love

Locked Contact

I think it could be rather awkward supporting the baby in the Tummy Tub if it is sitting in the bath. We used to use it in our living room. I would sit cross legged behind it. H can't comfortably sit on the floor so he would sit on the sofa.

Apart from doubting if you could use it in the bath (only doubting how comfortable you would be) I'd say go for it. A loved it and we were very sad when he outgrew it. He was also very cute when he was in it.

Locked Contact

Actually FG has a point - it would be a little tricky supporting them in the TT while in the bath. Brill on the floor though x

S - JULY 10 Baby boy

Sibling to Sawyer due 6.12.12 Fluffy

Angel Tight-Arse of the Year 2012 Angel

Locked Contact

Aaah, what a gorgous pic Nixxy Noo!!  So sweet.

Thanks all for your help.  We have a laminate floor downstairs which you aren't supposed to get wet so perhaps we could use it on our bathroom floor just in case!!

Kelly

Locked Contact

Yay, just ordered a clear one online (we don't know if we're having a boy or girl).

Kelly

Locked Contact

• cocoloco
    • Joined on 28 Feb 2005
    • United Kingdom

Must be something to do with the name Ruby as our Ruby loved her tummy tub....but our second hates it with a passion, but water isn't top of her favourite things list anyway so she hates the bath seat which we now use instead. x

Baby girl Ruby - born 31 August 2006

Baby girl Lana - born 25 September 2010

Locked Contact

We have a tummy tub and used it in the bath, it was fine. We used it up till about 6 months I think, was great for getting wind out of both ends Smile

Locked Contact
Return to: Baby Talk
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)