• Manage your budget plan icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your budget plan icon You are currently on budget !

My budget: 10000

My Cost so far: 7,800

Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!

• Manage your budget
    • Keep track of your spending
    bottom arrow icon
    Manage my Budget
  • Manage your to-do list icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your to-do list icon You have 0 outstanding tasks!
    Tasks Complete: 32 Tasks Outstanding: 0

Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!

• Free step-by-step plan and time-line
    • Fun and manageable task list
    Manage my To-Do List Bottom arrow icon
  • New competitions to enter icon
    Budget close icon
    You have not entered any competitions

Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.

View Competitions Page Bottom arrow icon
hide
down arrow icon

Is there a knack to folding up a Bugaboo Bee?

rkirstie
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Is there a knack to folding up a Bugaboo Bee?

My sparkly new Bee was delivered this morning Big Smile however I am now shattered after having a play with it

The hardest thing I'm finding is folding the pram up. I can unfold it OK, but it seems quite tricky to fold up. I also have a bit of a problem with swtiching the seat from facing me to facing the world, but I'm not too worried about that as I won't be doing that very often

So, any top tips for folding up the Bee, or does it get easier with practice?

TIA

PS I Love my Bee!

Locked Contact
  • Re: Is there a knack to folding up a Bugaboo Bee?

I've only ever had the seat facing me (I tried to change it around once and couldn't work it out Embarrassed) which means that it never 'clicks' closed, you just collapse it and then have to try not to let it pop back up while you're hauling it into the boot of the car.

I usually unclip the handlebar adjusters (so that the bar can slide right down)

put my foot on the white break bit at the back of the chassis (ie the bit nearest you when you're pushing)

press button & pull the white slidey things upwards

the buggy then starts to collapse (at which point I remember that it's much easier to do if there's nothing in the shopping basket & have to retrieve that)

I squeeze the bit on the back of the seat headrest & fold it all the way down to meet the seat

and then it seems to have collapsed

it definitely gets easier with practise - and it's well worth it - the Bee is a great buggy

Baby girl Megan (Sept '06)

Baby boy Eli (Feb '09)

Locked Contact

Taking the seat is easy once you know how, I've only ever done it a few times to clip the car seat to the chassis. 

I find collapsing mine easy.  I only ever have it rear facing like Superhoop, but I unclip the seat base, fold it towards the backrest.  I then slide and squeeze the backreast adjuster and move the back rest until it lines up with the handlebars, press the button on the left slide switch and pull, then pull the one on the right hand side and collapse.  Last thing I do is remember to put the handlebar down so that it fits in the boot.

Locked Contact

Thanks Superhoop & Conanetta, I think I'll have to keep practicing. I'm really pleased with it so far, now all I need is a baby to put in it Laugh

Locked Contact

• rkirstie
    • Joined on 19 Apr 2004
    • United Kingdom

To fold it when its facing you, you need to fold the seat back up till its parallel with the handle - squeeze the seat adjuster on the back and then slide it across and then on ours you have to squeze a wee bit more and it will come forward.  then push in the buttons on the handle bar and it collapse itself.  

It is a lot easier to collapse if the seat is facing away from you, but I always need the instructions to swap the seat round.

Hope this helps

K

Locked Contact
Return to: Baby Talk
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)