Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kellyandy027
Beginner June 2011

colour scheme

kellyandy027, 27 of August of 2009 at 18:26 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi all,

recently got engaged on 18th aug, we're looking to get married in 2011. I've been doing some thinking about colour schemes but have hit a snag! I really like the idea of ice blue, white and silver as it matches in with my engagment ring, only problem is that my fiance will be wearing his army uniform which is black and red!!! I'm thinking this might look odd. Does anyone else think this may clash?? Or does anyone have any other suggestions as to different colours i could try??

thanks in advance for any replies

kelly

17 replies

Latest activity by bygeorge, 28 of August of 2009 at 23:01
  • 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

HI Kelly!

Red and blue could work together, you could have those two (light blue and red) with some dark detail to correspond with the black, and even some silver - It depends on the style you're going for as well.

I would actually start with your dress and work from there - your engagement ring is a relitively small detail - unlike your OH's uniform.

A few ideas, hopefully this will throw some inspiration your way...

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations, fellow 2011 bride! I think it's probably best to match your H2Bs uniform, rather than your ring, but having said that I think light blue and red would be a lovely theme, as 22Tango has shown. Happy planning!

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

I love colour combo questions! they are my favourite - and I think my alter ego bride is having turquoise and red as I keep suggesting it...

Maybe I should add red to mine? (ponder ponder) I knew there was a reason I was taking things slowly, hee hee!

• kellyandy027
    Beginner June 2011
    kellyandy027 ·
    • Hide content

Lol, thanks for your replies, i must admit i do really like the look of the turquoise and red, it's not something i've seen before. ohhhh the decisions

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I am having ice blue, white and silver so am biased to your first colour choices ?

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think turquoise and red is lovely, I say do it...Although, I have had about 500 colour schemes since getting engaged in April so I'm probably not the best person for colour theme conundrums!

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Haha Bee the difference is you have a year to go and I should be getting my finger out by this stage (ooops , sorry!)

however - with the house move OH is very stressed about money and all and I get a complete blank from him when talking about wedding planning - so I may as well change it - nothing's gonna happen in the next month anyway. We are moving to a house with pink carpets and dark green walls, and no furniture... me thinks this will turn into a credit crunch wedding - whatever colours are on sale...

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

All the colors together will match perfectly just remeber to have accents of each and not try to match colours exactly.

Black & Red Uniform

Red Flowers for you

Ice Blue Dresses for Bridesmiads with Red Flowers

Touches of Silver in the flowers & Table Centres

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

sherrie what do you mean by that? if you don't mind explaining...

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

I'm swaying towards your first choice too! I've just done a blue white and silver wedding, and the colours looked great together. I like the idea of adding the red too, but it's a much harder combination than just the blue, so you need to think about what sort of effect you're trying to create. My OH wore his uniform when we got married, and we didn't particularly try to match the colours in with our bridesmaids/flowers. It still looked fine!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is easier to use a combination of the colours than try to match colors exactly ie. All the same shade of each colour.

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that sherrie, very true i didn't think of it like that - makes life much easier. probably looks better too.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

No problem. I have seen so many Brides stressing that they can't find the exact colour to match as in flowers, favours stc when really they don't have to match.

• FutureMrsCover
    Beginner May 2011
    FutureMrsCover ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, congrats! we got engaged on the 16th and are having it in 2011 too!

I would match it to his uniform personally, you could have white red and black with silver to highlight, it would look great for a winter wedding, if not you could go with the pale blue with red as previously suggested which could look really nice. how much red is in the uniform? you dont nessissarily have to match it. OH cousin is an army something or other and though he and all his work friends were in uniform which was black and red, the colour was white and pink and it didnt really matter TBH. but then they just had that red stripe down the trousers so wasnt that much really.

Where abouts are you? ideas on a venue yet?

x

• kellyandy027
    Beginner June 2011
    kellyandy027 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all,

His uniform has the red stripe down the trousers and around the collar. I'm liking the idea of adding the red flowers.

I'm in hampshire got a fair few ideas for venues, just gathering info on prices at the mo.

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Yay another Hampshire bod!! Which venues are you looking at?!

• kellyandy027
    Beginner June 2011
    kellyandy027 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i'm near portsmouth so been looking at the langstone hotel in hayling island, brookfield hotel in emsworth. been trying to get hold of someone at staunton country park too as it looks like a beautiful venue but so far no one has got back to me.

Where bout's in hampshire are you?

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

I'm in Portsmouth too! There are a few of us around. Good luck with your venue search - they're all lovely!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics